CWCS has set up a school for Spastic Children in slum area of South Delhi with an objective of catering to those groups who cannot afford to go for a regular treatment. CWCS also shelters those spastic destitute who have been dumped at orphanages by their parents at the time of their birth due to their Spasticity.
REGULAR ACTIVITIES AT THE CENTRE:
- To provide special attention to cater to the specific needs of adolescent girls suffering from Cerebral Palsy.
- To provide occupational Therapy to Spastic Children.
- To involve the families in income-generating activities to prevent them from abandoning their Spastic girl child.
- To provide a secure future for them by way of training them in certain simple tasks/activities.
- To try & make them self-reliant by working towards giving them independence in mobility.
- To prepare the required personnel with integrity and dedication for the cause of disability who particularly specialize in pediatric and geriatric problems.
- Provided health assistance to children & women to help them live a healthy life.
- Organized various health camps periodically for the local community.
- Many children like Riya, Karan, Praveen and Sulbha got a new hope in life after being treated at the centre.
Name- Riya | Age- 3 yrs | Disability- Cerebral Palsy
- When Riya came to CWCS centre for the first time she could hardly walk and looked quite weak. It all started when CWCS volunteer had their first interaction with Riya’s mother who was completely unsure of any change in Riya’s condition. She was callously told by her in-laws, brother-in-law and sister –in-law about the gravity of the ailment. Only on the conviction of CWCS volunteers that her mother decided to start riya’s treatment . She was taken into confidence and told to have patience for six months to get any result. Since mother Joolie Jain was determined to help her child, she followed the instructions and the result was astonishing. Riya was on her feet and was able to walk, run and play. Now proud mother Joolie feels very thankful to CWCS for giving a new lease of life to her child and what more! Everyone in her in-laws feel proud of her.
Name- Praveen | Age- 15 yrs | Disability- inflexibility in knee joints
- At such a young age, Praveen had to undergo an operation for his knee in order to have flexibility. Even after the operation there was no sign of improvement in his knee. With his regular visit to the centre he improved quickly. He was put through an exercise regime that did wonders for him and he was able to move his knees flexibly after six months.
Name- Sulbha | Age- 7 yrs | Disability- inflexibility in knee joints
- When CWCS volunteer reached Sulbha’s home for the time she was found sitting at one place. Her mother had to help her with her routine all the time. She needed someone to go anywhere. After being counseled she started visiting our centre. With time and regular therapy she started improving. Although it took her one and half years but now she is capable of moving around on her own. You can make out her joy of freedom seeing a grin on her face.
ANNUAL EXPENDITURE BUDGET:
|Budget item||Monthly Expense||Annual Expense|
• Speech Therapist
• Occupational therapist
• Centre in-charge
|Electricity & Water||400/-||4800/-|